Question, Why Did You Choose MooTools?
By Ryan Florence, published 2010-01-30
Part of the issue Migrated Articles From Original Site Structure..
Who won? MooTools with 0 errors. Scriptaculous had about a gazillion errors and jquery had more than it probably should have. So I chose mootools–and obviously am very happy I did.
Just for fun and I went and did the same thing today:
- mootools.net: 6 errors, 6 Warnings
- all 12 due to a single messy URL to bing (easily forgivable)
- jquery.com: 3 Errors
- No ‘type’ attribute on a script tag (because there are so many types?)
- No ‘alt’ attribute on an image (meh)
- ‘target’ not supported for anchor tags (stupidest w3 decision ever)
- script.aculo.us: 60 Errors, 55 warnings
- Hmm … yeah, still not going to touch your framework …
- alright, alright, it’s all mostly due to messy urls as well
So why did you choose MooTools?
Please leave a comment about your decision, or … if you didn’t choose it, why not?